Welcome to Stormflight Designs

www.StormFlightDesigns.com


If you've always wondered about how jewelry is made and fine craft is done, this is the blog for you! Our intent is to show you the step-by-step of creating jewelry from a silver-smith's and lampworker's point of view. We'll throw in some other interesting craft-work too. Consider this a "tutorial-light" blog in a way. You'll get to see the creative process from start to finish. Sometimes it may take a while to get to the finish, so please be patient! We often have to wait for the muse to strike--sometimes in the middle of a different project!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

OMG!


Being a family of computer types (mostly) and gadget lovers (ok, call us geeks or nerds!), I had to do something with my old keyboards...so my daughter requested a necklace. Well, during the learning curve I melted a few of the ones she wanted (her initials...). Luckily by the time I figured out how I would set the keys on the silver, there was still a few keys left! She chose her favorite number and wears it all the time. So, I've made a few bracelets and necklaces since then. Here is my latest...

2 comments: