Welcome to Stormflight Designs

www.StormFlightDesigns.com


If you've always wondered about how jewelry is made and fine craft is done, this is the blog for you! Our intent is to show you the step-by-step of creating jewelry from a silver-smith's and lampworker's point of view. We'll throw in some other interesting craft-work too. Consider this a "tutorial-light" blog in a way. You'll get to see the creative process from start to finish. Sometimes it may take a while to get to the finish, so please be patient! We often have to wait for the muse to strike--sometimes in the middle of a different project!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Creating a Filigree Bumblebee- Step 1


Well, I have finally gotten around to working on this Bumble-bee that my Dad has asked for...I have to get it done and sent to him by Mother's Day (shhh...don't tell my Mom!) So, I have decided to capture the process here with pictures so you can see what goes into making a filigree piece.

Step One: Gather tools and supplies. Coffee if the #1 supply I use.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to tell Mom. j/k This bumble-bee looks so great! I'm going to have you quote me an aquamarine ring!

    ReplyDelete